Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults A JOURNEY IN FAITH in the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
ST. ANN DEEPCAR and ST. MARY PENISTONE, HALLAM DIOCESE
Any Adult who is either Christian Baptised, or not, can become a Roman Catholic in Full Communion with the rest of the parish Community.
They will attend sessions where they find out about:
- The Old Testament and New Testament in the Bible;
- The Lent Period, The Holy Spirit and Prayers;
- The Catholic Church, The Pope, Ordained Men, Our Lady, The Rosary; Confession;
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation;
- Holy Communion and Confirmation;
- Stations of the Cross and Celebrating Holy Week;
The sessions are held from January 1st culminating in the acceptance at the Easter Vigil Mass (a Saturday Evening).
They are guided by the Priest, the Deacon and several Catechists.
If interested, contact Father Stanislaw Maciuszek (0114 288 2187) or Deacon John Wright (01226 764642)
'The faithful should remember that for the Church and its members the supreme purpose of the apostalate is that Christ's message is made known to the world by word and deed and that his grace is communicated.'
[ Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults; Introductory Material, Para 1;1985, Liturgy Office, England and Wales. ]